Give dairy processors the opportunity to improve their competitiveness
The NSERC-Novalait Industrial Research Chair in Efficiency of Milk Processing Methods aims to give dairy processors the opportunity to improve their competitiveness. It is also dedicated to developing the only expertise in the world on eco efficiency, in order to optimize economic, environmental and social benefits in the Canadian dairy sector.
The NSERC–Novalait Industrial Research Chair on the Efficiency of Milk Processing Methods targets its research work toward increasing the eco efficiency of methods that are defined by calculating the ratio between the value of the final product and its environmental impact.
This industrial chair’s objectives are to:
- Identify new approaches that improve the use of milk’s natural constituents while minimizing the environmental impact of its methods
- Develop appropriate measurement tools and inventory methods for quantifying the effects of methods on milk processing eco efficiency parameters
- Apply these new tools to milk processing issues
The study models, as well as the scientific programming developed in the scope of the Chair, were defined in such a way to permit:
- The development of advanced expertise in milk processing method efficiency
- Access to a unique multidisciplinary environment used to train highly qualified personnel in the sector of milk processing in Canada
The work done by the NSERC-Novalait Industrial Research Chair in Efficiency of Milk Processing Methods will allow project partners to directly apply research results, thereby contributing to the optimization of their operations.