Organizing a videoconference
The Faculty also has a mobile videoconferencing system and a range of software solutions to meet teaching and research requirements. In addition, it has equipped a room specifically for videoconferences (CMT-2109). The equipment available makes it possible to manage videoconference sessions with up to 4 sites (including our own). Sessions are supported by Polycom equipment.
To organize a videoconference, each of the connected sites must be equipped with the appropriate system. Audiovisual communications services on the web such as Skype and Google Hangouts are not compatible, technologically speaking, with videoconference systems. It is therefore not possible to organize a videoconference where some participants use the videoconferencing system while others use Skype.
Steps for organizing a videoconference
Ideally, two weeks or more in advance by sending the required information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date, time and duration of the event
- Room size required, or specifications regarding the room desired
- Number of people who will be present in the room
- The contact information of the technician responsible for organizing the session for each of the connected remote sites.
Our team will contact the technician(s) and will plan the necessary tests before the event. The person requesting the videoconference is not required for these tests. The technician assigned to your request will confirm the event and the required conditions, if necessary.
- On the day of the event, arrive at the reserved room 15 to 30 minutes in advance;
- The on-site technician will provide instructions on how to use the microphones and camera and will begin the videoconference. In some rooms, a participant may have to manage the camera positions throughout the event.
- PowerPoint presentations must be saved on a USB key. A computer is available on site for presentations.
A technician will assist you when preparing, starting and ending your videoconference. This service is available for faculty during working hours. Requests related to this service must be addressed to IT support by email at email@example.com.
If you have videoconference requests other than what is provided on this page, please contact us. As needs and resources are continually changing, our personnel will be happy to discuss them with you.