An investment fund for students
The Student Investment Fund (FIE) is primarily used to improve learning environments and materials for students from different faculties. The fund is based on a partnership: when a student enrolls for a term, he/she automatically deposits $ 15 toward the Faculty Fund, the Université Laval Foundation contributes $ 20, the Université $15, and $5 is added from the Faculty.
The Student Investment Fund is established in order to financially contribute to:
- buying or replacing scientific, educational, and technological equipment that is obsolete and/or defective;
- enhancing class and research rooms;
- refurbishing areas used by FSAA students so as to enhance their living environment and in keeping with university standards.
In the past year, the FSAA FEI has financially contributed to:
- purchasing equipment to better soil chemistry, Food and Nutrition Sciences Department and Animal Science laboratories
- establishing workstations for Consumer Sciences master’s students
- purchasing equipment for the following student committees and associations: Radio Céréal, RÉGAAUL, Toast Café, ULtrac et Via Agro-Écologie.