Contributing to training and research applied to international development while promoting interdisciplinary work
The Chair in International Development is a multidisciplinary entity that is very active in the world of research and knowledge transfer. With its key development sectors, its objective is to contribute to applied training and research while promoting interdisciplinarity.
It conducts its research in rural areas of developing countries. The Chair in International Development focuses on issues dealing with agriculture and food. It brings students, professionals and professors from many different fields of study and research together, creating a connection between disciplines and faculties.
Since its establishment in 1998, its mandates have been to:
- Continue its research activities
- Contribute to training, such as summer courses in food safety
- Support students in international development
- Promote the dissemination of knowledge as well as discussions and debates
- International Development Research Centre (IRDC)
- Développement international Desjardins (DID)
- Université Laval foundation [in French only]
- Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences (FSAA)